Love & Marriage

Love & Marriage
Mary & Bud "Ain't we cute?" 2014

Thursday, July 4, 2013

"Food for Thought" on this 4th of July

Dear Blog.. "Have you ever thought of that?" Now that question could be asked about a lot of things, could it not?
I appreciate "Independence Day!" There is soooo much more that goes into it than Parades.. Loud Fireworks... and eating.


Do we really dwell on the Who's, What's, Why's, When's, Where's of our Independence and that God may have played a part in creating this great nation?  

But have you noticed, that a lot of people get their gotchee's in a twist, the minute they read something? Something is said, or whatever?  Wonder why that is? And they like to point out you said this, now you say that?  Could it be that one person is on 2 different wave lengths and "points" in each different voicing of something?
Hmmmm  Maybe we don't really know each other as well as we ought... to not pick up on that.. But is seems...

   Maybe they immediately feel that something is aimed at them?
   Maybe they need to justify what they did..or didn't do, & why they did it, to make it ok... ?
    I don't really know anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I should just stop talking, voicing my concerns about something... dislike of something... people sometimes say I am Negative... well really... aren't we all to some degree?? Think hard on that one.

IF you favor one thing, does that not make you negative on the other side?
But if something is not good for your health in some way.. is it not good to be negative towards something that might have a "negative" effect on it.. and possibly permanently?  *sheesh!!*

I've found after many long years... of life.. that I can do "without" ...
"Without" some foods, negative to my health, "without" doing some fun things that might have negative effect on me. "without" a lot of things, OR find another way for *some* things... and I am still surviving, don't feel I've missed a whole lot, and am really better off... in the long run.

    Ah... I guess I am just a Scrooge... but I am the most blessed one...
I can see ~ still well. And working at preserving it a long as I can.. the aging process does bring you things you don't really want. BUT~  I see God's beauty in the world, & my loved ones faces. What more is there? Movies? T.V.? etc.. not a whole lot of truly inspirational stuff there.

I can still hear ~ very well thank you.. :-) I hear the birds sing, beautiful soothing inspiring music, voices of my loved ones, and can pick them out easily.. even my friends.. I can hear the clinks in the vehicles that my mate cannot. I can hear "at a distance" working to keep that too :-)
I can still feel ~ my fingers can touch the softest baby.. and wonder why we can't bottle soft! lol My arms can give hugs of joy, or comfort. I can do sooooo many things and "feel" it, soft things, amazing water, etc. etc.
I can taste ~ That too is good & it is amazing the sensations that taste buds have and what variety God has given. I enjoy every morsel of food, and most every liquid there is... My goodness what a plethora of choices we have!! No "don't likes" here!!! No "I just gotta haves..." either.  (Tho now my mode of cooking has been altered for health reasons, I am sooo happy I never missed much of anything before, and still don't miss a lot either, Let me cook for ya!)

Sorry If'n I sound negative when I am really trying to get others to see more than one possibility.. to preserve some things... and to try a "new" thing. Be it *whatever* the "TOPIC" might be...

MY goodness, some folks are stuck in a mode on something, and that is good at times to be passionate about some things, but so am I, and IF you already got it. GREAT!! But there are many others out there that may not have got it yet, or even 'thunk' about my 'suggestion expressed with passion.'  lol

Even God desires we sing unto Him a new song, and I am sure, without giving up the favored hymns.  Ahhh yes...

This week I have so enjoyed the flowers blooming, birds at all my feeders, clouds in the sky, sunrises, sunsets, great grandbabies pictures, listening to Sermons, hearing the words of great songs, and just some music, Bud coming home from a trip, people posting Scripture on Facebook - with encouragement... the excitement in someones voice or the sadness, and I could go on.. & on..
Somethings I see.. hear.. feel OR all 3!! :-)

AND one more thing for sure!! You can never say... "Why didn't she tell me?" lol

P.S. by now I might even be confused along with you, in *trying* to say what I wanted to say....hahaha Have a great day and God's blessings upon ya! 
            Just Me... Dear Blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment