Well now.. Everyone is out having fun.. someplace, somewhere.
For me it has been a quiet sort of day at home. I relish my quiet days tho..
I am most definitely NOT a long day/every day full of noise person. Quiet calms a person, and it says.. "be still and know that I am God."
Bud went off on a motorcycle ride with his Buddies.. Kathy is in Michigan at a Hosta place, and Becky is at Rachel's in Kokomo, others that I see on Facebook are at the fair, or some other fun place.
Mike.. not sure.. lol
I must get to the fair next week and see the 3, 1st prize winners and one 2nd prize entry of my friend Janis. I knew she was a winner!! (in more ways than one.)
So I spent the morning in the Bible.. and Dr. Stanley's "In Touch" Magazine. A great morning..
Then I also spent my time "eating" just what I desire, and/or Bud won't eat because, "that's your stuff." (I guess he figures it is enough to pay for these simple pleasures for me.) :-)
Had a few prayer requests to send out via the "Town Crier" e-mail that's *me.* My, so many people are having sooo many problems. Just has to be the life of the over 60 group I'm guessing. Makes me ponder why we just can't simply age to whatever age has been decided and then just pop out of here quickly and go *Home.* Some people do, but more often than not, others have a wide range of trials & tribulations to get out of here. "His ways & His thoughts, surely are not mine."
But I still ponder... don't you?
Well it is nudging 3:00 PM and just looked at thermometer.. wow 80° out, that's a big WHEW! from me.. I don't do well past 72° Just Saying.. Never have been a hot weather lover! I prefer fall, and winter and then spring..
Fall is coming with it's glorious color. I love God's paint brush! Then comes winter with the amazing snow.. It looks like diamonds sparkling out there at night with our outdoor lights on, and I am still wondering about the verse in the Bible that says, 'He shall wash away my sin, and I shall be whiter than snow.' How can anything be whiter than snow? And to think that is how He sees me now. Wonderful, Glorious Savior is He.. To accept what He says about my sin, to accept His payment for my sin, to turn from my old ways of thinking & doing and to trust Him and His word for my life here, and into eternity.. WHAT PEACE & Comfort, and Joy!! And what a blessed family is the part of the church that I belong to.
Well I guess I have really been a wandering around in my thoughts again today.. and that's OK, seems like I start with Jesus & end my day with Jesus.. the best place to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment