Yes, if the truth be known... we surely were Mismatched.. lol
The country gal with Russian & English family backgrounds. Raised by Aunts, grandparents, after mom's death till dad re-married a Croation lady. Along came..
The city boy of Southern folks, and did he like his jeans & biscuits & gravy... lol
Country & Bluegrass music, verses Big Bands, Movie Musicals and the Classics!
OH IF I/ IF We knew then what we learned later .. would we have hooked up? Marriage is a serious business and definitely in my day, *till death do you part.*
I have learned that God has his hand in everything - for our good.
We learned music appreciation, food appreciation and this early bird man with his go get'em attitude, made it with the backward, quiet, late night gal.. began to mix, and mix pretty well.
I learned to be less messy, to like his chow, to love his parents & family as my own. Thru the years I learned to cook.. and he learned to like my *foreign* foods and put up with the little gal he chose that really knew so little!! Even pushed me gently to new heights!! :-) (yes you can!)
My the changes thru all the years..
My the tears that have been shed, and fusses over nothing much, and kissing and making up! And then believe it or not One of us would blow it again... but we stuck to our goals.. *Be your best, Do your best* for each other because...
"Because I love you."
His strength is good for me, My strengths are good for him and we've spent years improving, and improving, on those things that Bug the Other... because..
"Because I Love You!"
Some quirks we left after awhile. haha Those are what make us *Jack Spratt & his wife!!* lol IF you are old enough to know that nursery rhyme.
And now, we have become that *one* that they talked about in our vows, melted into that *one* and are as comfortable together as the good old shoes we love. haha
We learned that marriage never was 50-50, it is most definitely 100% - 100%...
and like willows in the ground... bending in the wind, yet stuck forever to the ground.
I cannot imagine life with out this strange person, brought into my life thru unusual circumstances, of which I've not told the whole story...
Wonder how many more years the good Lord will provide for us... because...
"Because we love each other.."
Just saying ~
My the stories in 61 years and some before also... What a melting together!!
A reading daily of the Love Chapter helps too... really does... & works in other relationships also.. God's Word Never Changes... but the application may.
1 Corinthians 13 - Insert you name into the place of LOVE... :-)
"Because I love you..."
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
Thank You Sandi.... appreciate someone else's appreciation.. :-)
ReplyDelete